Version control help team to track, manage and change the source code over time of their program. It is an open source platform where team member can change the code throughout the program. Version control help team member to accelerate the workflow faster and smarter. This is especially used by DevOps team to increase the productivity and reduce the unmanaged code though different developer. Now different developer can change the code and push their modified code in their version control system and other developer can modify the same code by pull and push after modification. Version control software store every modified code in their special database so that user can fixed the error by comparing the earlier code without disrupting any other team member.
- · Traceability: While using version control user can track the source code modified by different developer. It will provide the evidence of all the changes made in code over time. With the help of traceability mechanism team leader can see the workflow of the team by see the commits and code push by individual developer. It will track the change in code from original copy and improve the final version. And team can work in latest version throughout the program.
- · Document History: It will provide a valuable information about author and the last date of editing. It will help developer to recall all the error in earlier version to solve in the latest version problem. New team member can uncover the pattern of developing from another team to solve and improve throughout the version update.
- · Branch and Merging: Version control provide a platform where team can work on the latest version without disrupting another team member. Each member has to create their own branch in order to work on the same project with the help of multiple branches. It provides a feature to merge the individual’s code as a latest version.
- · Reduce of Duplication: Version control compare each modified code with earlier version to prevent from duplication. It will reduce the conflicting code through multiple documentation. It will enhance the security by converting read-only after final version.
- · Communication through Open Channels: Version control have an open cannel communication so that team member can transfer the code with tracking the earlier version. Team member can communicate to establish a workflow with transparency and consistency.
- · Compliance: User can store the compliance of you records files and datasets which will manage the risk. It can filter all the doc that are change by the team member.
- · Efficiency: It will provide an efficiency to the work within the team. It will simplify the complex work with automation. Throughout the update team member will change the code and revert the earlier code to detect the error.
Many developer use version control method to drop file into local directory directly. It is commonly used due to simplicity, which is increase the risk and it is an error prone. User might be overwrite the wrong code in another program.
It is introduce when they need to work with another developer. In this system have centralized single server, where all version file are contain and number of developer checkout the file from center. Centralized version control system track all the changes made by different developer and save that as a latest version.
In this version control client can fully clone the repository and all data. If any server dies client can easy clone the repository to restore into the next server and can start their work. All the data are fully backup in the repository. This system have several remote so that team can easy collaborate with other team and can share all data with one repository.
As we have to work in team for this assignment. We have choose Distribute Version Control System for storing and sharing our data with in team. And we have use Github for create the repository for the project.
Git is a version control system, where user have to install and can maintain in a local server to provide a self-contain record of ongoing program version. It will work without internet access and easy to use. Git was design to work with text file backend code was in text file. Git introduce to the branch model then existing version control. This will allow user to create their own branch for code. It was develop by Linus Torvalds on 2005 as a way to manage the linux source code.
GitHub is a cloud base version control system. User can store version on GitHub online database which allow user to track and manage the version. User can collaborate with other developer just they have to invite the individual to your repository and other developer can merge and overwrite on latest version. GitHub allow user to track all the history and workflow in the version throughout the time. Now developer have to pull the project before coding and after completing the testing, they can push the version on the same repository. GitHub allow user to merge and compare the latest version with earlier version. GitHub will automatically find out the errors and warn the user about the issue.
The GitHub project structure for mobile application Cylinder 2.0 (front-end / back-end).
The GitHub project structure for API of Cylinder 2.0.
While coding developer have to modify the code to achieve the product. Developer approach many different code to improve the application but some time code turnout to be less ideal. In that case we can reversing the file into the earlier version which is much easier and faster.
This is the must conflicts that developer face during version control. It is the most annoying problem to face, if developer have pass through this problem by learning underused reuse recoded feature. Developer can easily fixed it and it is a most time saver if you had fixed before.
GitHub provide a feature called binary search facility. Now developer can track down the commit that bring conflict into the version and easily fixed the bug.
After push by developer scam master check the version. If any think is wrong or have to improve, scam master can commit a message and can edit that message for developer to understand easily.
The type of testing where application in tested to meet the requirement and to make the application defect free. It is conduct through script to find the error that eventually test the entire application for more effectiveness. It will save the time and cost to enhance the quality of application. Application pass through various testing like design testing, requirement testing, bug finding etc. However, testing application eventually help to identifying the loopholes, security threat. Testing should be done by following set of rule and method. In the agile testing, we have to test while integrating coding not like waterfall testing. In agile planning contain agile testing plan during sprint planning overall time.
- Functional testing.
- Security testing.
- UI/UX testing.
- Regress testing.
- Sanity testing.
It is important to understand the lifecycle of the agile testing. It will help us to understand the structure of the test in the agile testing. The following diagram show the agile testing lifecycle.
- Developer can test the product earlier during every sprint.
- It will save the time and money.
- Developer can find all the loopholes during jumping into another sprint.
- Product will be refine and more secure.
- It will to collect user experience regularly.
While developing application for the agile module. Our team have done to type of testing for the application, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
TDD is the process of testing application before writing code. TDD make sure to pass the all test to make the application more interactive and user-friendly. Refactoring engine test the application until it will pass all the functionality to establish the clean workflow and to meet the requirement. TDD framework test automatically to instruct the developer to write the new code for more functionality.
The concept of the TDD is to test the code automatically and fixed the error before writing new code. That’s why TDD is also known as a Test First Development. It will enhance the duplication problem and developer can test the code after writing the small amount of code to reduce the chance of test fail.
- Better code quality with higher version.
- Trackable the version.
- Save time.
- Much easier to maintain.
- TDD provides reliable solution.
- TDD focuses on quality code by testing all the functionality.
- Better understanding of client requirement.
First developer have to add a test to a code and execute the test. If test get passed then developer can approach to the next testing. However, if test get fail developer have to change the code and test it again until it get pass. This is the step that developer have to follow during TDD testing. TDD testing procedure is also shown in the diagram below.
Accept debugging TDD need optimization to the development process to provide a quality product. There are various framework that support TDD and they are:
- csUnit and NUnit.
- PyUnit and DocTest.
Cylinder 2.0 has tested all the repository.
Notification TDD test:
Member Login TDD test:
Behavior Driven Development (BDD):
Behavior Driven Development (BDD) is more develop and refine testing originated from Test Driven Development (TDD). BDD testing is human readable even non-programmers can understand. Its technology has be widely adopted and used Cucumber and Spec Flow like framework which make client to understand easily. BDD documents the application behavior that can improve the use experience. Daniel Tehorst-North was the pioneer of the BDD, he try to solve the communication issue between Developer, testers and stakeholder. BDD was facelifted by translating functionality into the Domain specific language (DSL) to make everyone understandable that will establish the communication easily. Developer can use the test solution functional of the BDD framework to assist for verifying features.
- Everyone Developer, client and tester can engage into the product development.
- Clarity of client scenarios that reflect the product behaviors.
- Easy to communicate.
- Non-technical human can easy understand.
- BDD focus more into behaviors then code.
- BDD framework speedup the testing process.
- BDD framework change the scenarios into automate test.
BDD is performed by writing a BDD scenarios explaining the behavior of product. That behavior are written in a specific format to covert the format automatically into the testing code. Developer have to specify the both user story and scenarios. User story explain the requirement information according to the use perspective. BDD scenarios explain the behaviors of the product after the user story input.
BDD framework automatically convert the user story and scenarios into the automatic testing. And some framework are given bellow.
BDD tests illustrate according to the user story.
Login BDD test:
Add Reseller BDD test:
Add Company BDD test:
Add Member BDD test:
Git – About Version Control
Git Tutorial: 10 Common Git Problems and How to Fix Them | Codementor
Top 20 Git Commands With Examples – DZone DevOps
Git vs. GitHub: What’s the Difference?
What is Test Driven Development (TDD)? Tutorial with Example
Test Driven Development (TDD) : Approach & Benefits | BrowserStack
12 Awesome Benefits of BDD
Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) & Testing • froglogic
What is BDD (Behavior-Driven Development)? | Tricentis
What Are The Benefits Of Version Control? | ReQtest